Sean Banville's 11 Other Sites
- ESL Discussions.com: Over 13,000 conversation questions, hundreds of Word and PDF handouts. Controversial and everyday discussion topics. For speaking practice in and out of class.
- Listen A Minute.com: One-minute listenings with downloadable, printable exercises, online quizzes and Flash activities.
- Famous People Lessons.com: ESL / EFL lessons using biographies and profiles of over 150 famous people from sports, politics, popular culture, movies and more. Free Word and PDF downloads plus MP3 listening.
- ESL Holiday Lessons.com: Lessons and activities on holidays, anniversaries, commemorations and other notable days in the world calendar. Free Word and PDF downloads plus MP3 listening.
- News English Lessons.com: ESL lessons on current events in simpler English. Free downloads plus MP3 listening, interactive activities and flash quizzes.
- Sean Banville on Twitter: 140-character updates on all of my sites.
- Sean Banville.com: My blog - Stuff from my head about teaching and technology.
- Free ESL Materials.com: A site containing links to free materials for ESL teachers and students.
- Business English Materials.com - Free 20-page printable handouts, downloads, MP3 listening and online quizzes.
- Lessons On American Presidents.com - Free, printable handouts, downloads, MP3 listening and online quizzes on U.S. Presidents.
- Lessons On Movies.com -
Free printable handouts, downloads, MP3 listening and online
quizzes on films and cinema.
Recommended ESL/EFL Blogs and a Ning
- Free ESL Materials - Blogs: A page outlining 130+ (May, 2011) ESL and ELT blogs.
- Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day: A constant source of very informative posts, links and updates on all things ESL, ELL and EFL from one of ESL's best bloggers.
- Teaching Life: A not-to-be-missed blog for 21st-Century teachers on teaching, language, testing, tech.... Written by 21st-Century teacher and blogger Chris Cattaneo.
- EFL Classroom 2.0: An extremely comprehensive ning for teachers and students. Check out the impressive site map for anything and everything EFL/ESL. From David Deubelbeis - "When one teaches, two learn".
- Teacher Reboot Camp: Shelly Terrell's posts on the latest developments and tools available to educators, from Twitter to Second Life.
- Kalinago English: Musings, information, ideas and reviews on ESL teaching and educational technology from blogger Karenne Sylvester.
- Burcu Akyol's Blog: Impressions, reflections, reviews, tips and resources from an extremely entusiastic and hardworking English teacher and pioneer of using technology in the classroom. Tales of real-life, ambitious projects.
- Ozge Karaoglu's Blog: About teaching, learning, reflecting and being a 21st century learner & teacher. Contains excellent reviews of the very latest digital tools for the classroom.
- TEFL Matters: From Marisa Constantinides - Thoughts on language teaching, language teacher education and new technologies.
- ESOL Courses: Well crafted and imaginative lessons from Sue Lyon-Jones using YouTube videos and other interactive technology.
- The Educator's PLN: From Tom Whitby - A ning site dedicated to the support of a Personal Learning Network for Educators. 6,000+educators (as of May, 2011) ans growing.
- Fluency MC: How to speak fluent English – 34 experts give their tips.
Sites for Teachers and Students
- ELLLO: English Language Listening Lab Online. Listen to English speakers from all over the world. Over 400 listening activities that include quizes and texts. New listening every day.
- Teacher Training Videos: Videos to help teachers to incorporate technology into their teaching. Easy step-by-step screencast guides to the latest classroom technologies. From Russell Stannard.
- Dream Reader: Five different kinds of content, including academic English - downloadable PDFs with quizzes and audio. Independent study and classroom use. New content updated regularly.
- Activities for ESL Students: Quizzes, tests, exercises and puzzles. Has thousands of contributions from teachers.
- Interesting Things for ESL Students: Quizzes, word games, word puzzles, proverbs, slang expressions, anagrams, a random-sentence generator and other computer assisted language learning activities.
- Using English.com: Online ESL resources for students and teachers - for ESL, EFL, ESOL, and EAP.
- eslflow.com: Acollection of links to lessons sorted by theme and level.
- ESL Topics Magazine: Online magazine that offers learners of English an opportunity to express and publish their ideas in English.
- Teachers-Pet.org: A free tool that quickly and easily creates many vocabulary activities from MS Word texts. An add-on to the Word menu bar.
- EnglishClub.com: A compendium of resources for teachers and students, plus information on international schools and ESL worldwide.
- Bee Oasis.com: Over 1,000 stories graded at 5 levels in the Arts and Sciences. Many of the stories have audio. Classic fiction brought up to date. For extensive reading.
- Simple English News.com: Daily news headlines and very short articles behind the headlines.
- NewsFlashEnglish.com: Weekly lessons on news of Slovakia. Word and PDF handouts.
- Global Issues in Language Education: Excellent newsletter (click "Back Issues") to "promote global awareness, international understanding, social responsibility and action to solve world problems through content-based language teaching...."
My Favourite School in Japan
- Princeford English College: Located in Umeda, Osaka, Princeford provides a very personal, at-home and fun learning experience. Private and group lessons available as well as TOEIC, TOEFL and speaking classes.
Help Support This Web Site
- Please consider helping Breaking News English.com.
Click below for a free sample of the BNE book
Information to Link to this Site
Breaking News English
Free, ready-to-use EFL / ESL lesson plans on the latest breaking news -in 7 levels. New lessons uploaded every 2 days. Each lesson includes a 26-page PDF containing all-skills activities, a 2-page mini-lesson, 5-speed listening, multi-speed scrolled reading, interactive dictation, 30+ online quizzes... and more.
The whole thing in HTML (to open in a new window):
<a href="http://www.breakingnewsenglish.com/" target="_blank"> Breaking News English.com</a> - Free, ready-to-use EFL / ESL lesson plans on the latest breaking news -in 7 levels. New lessons uploaded every 2 days. Each lesson includes a 26-page PDF containing all-skills activities, a 2-page mini-lesson, 5-speed listening, multi-speed scrolled reading, interactive dictation, 30+ online quizzes... and more.
If you would like an image, you may use this:
Looking for More Links?
- Look below or click here.